Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Swedish adventure: Part 5

Swedish adventure: part 5

So it's Thursday and the alarm clock is on. There was no class for Simonita so we just could enjoy of some time for us together. That day was when we decided to visit the city of Karlstad! What did we have for lunch? I think that was the cuscús day, we had it with meat and other thigns, how is it called? I just remember that I liked it a lot hehe. I like food in general and Swedish food is really tasty and good (also a bit heavier than Spanish food). By the way, I cutted the meat, I'm learned a lot about cooking in those days hehe.

That was the official day of joking on Andrés, the first one was the busdriver! We arrived to that frozen bus station where we met a friend of Simone and her boyfriend, they talked in English, wich was really nice. Then the bus arrived, Simone told him that she wanted to pay twice (cause I didn't have a card), so the guy said something in Swedish and then I heard "Joking Busdriver!!" with a very strong Karlstad accent (yes! I know about the Karlstad accent, I prefer Katrineholm's accent).

We arrived to the city and saw the place of something related with the Swedish Rally. We saw the main square of the city, the bars and a couple of places with a lot of stores. It was snowing a lot that day! But it was really a nice walk with she by my side. I liked the city a lot, seemed more busy than Katrineholm. We saw Spanish people! And one of the most important things ever: I discovered the hockey game! We have something similar but with football, we call it "futbolín" so the name for the hockey game could be "hockeylin" or something like that. I told it to a friend of mine here in the uni and he said "does that really exist? I want that!". Which is exactly the same that I said when I saw it. Then simone told me that she had one in her father's house and that was like one of the greatest news ever! In Sweden you have a lot of hockey things, that's really nice, I prefer hockey than football since I think that football can be very boring sometimes (not when Spain won the world championship).

I'll try to continue tonight, now I have to leave and go to class.

I hope you have enjoyed it.

Be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome day babe, but so snowy!
    We had fika, and pizza for dinner!
    I miss those days with you :(

    Oh, and you also saw the Systembolag! (where they sell alcohol)

    ReplyDelete